Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 244317
Primary Location: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
- Drive awareness and growth/expansion of Siemens DISW at targeted academic partners, customers and related learning institutions.
- Drive growth and depth of Siemens DISW customers resource pool (students, interns and institutions) by developing a “supply chain” of Siemens skilled talent.
- Develop Academic Opportunity and enablement in STEM (K-12) through Higher Education leveraging the Siemens brand.
- Engage as an extension of the Sales team to grow the footprint, provide solution and applicability depth to Universities and drive OEM/ SMB partnership programs and projects.
- Represent Siemens as an Educator / PLM Thought leader with the intent of growing depth and breadth of Siemens DISW Solutions.
- Represent the entire Siemens Portfolio and solution suite
- Develop/optimize an easy to learn, adapt and implement a learning process.
- Develop/optimize the learning of product development best practices through proper technology enablement.
- Increase the number of students exposed to Digital technology from STEM through advanced Education,
- Build a community of academic users, students and researchers that are immediately employable by Siemens DISW customers
- Demonstrate Thought Leadership (IE Mainstream, Modeling and Simulation), Value, Depth and Breadth of specific solutions and how the single to multiple parts of the solutions can be leveraged.
- Own the academic strategy and plan for growth/penetration and success.
- Work as an extension to the sales account team where supply chain or subsidy exists - and look for growth to the Academic OEM/SMB Academic strategy
- # of University expanding relevant curriculum with SPLM solutions
- # of University expanding SPLM solutions as a core technology
- # of Universities with measurable curriculum for special programs and outreach
- # of Universities and Institutions accepting Siemens as their academic solution Partner of Choice
- # of Universities becoming Referenceable for SPLM projects
- # of Opportunities for Joint OEM/SMB programs
- # of TAKE AWAY from the competition
- # of Internes hired due to SPLM Skills and capability
- Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree with experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Marketing or Sales (Must have full-time related work experience).
- Must currently reside in Eastern North America
- Must be flexible and able to travel >50%
- Demonstrates high professional judgement
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Completed MBA
- Deep knowledge and experience in business methods and workforce development
- Deep problem-solving knowledge to solve challenges with an eye to the future and beyond.
- Use of customer and business understanding to optimize value added.
- Impact on results of own organization.
- Supports the organization’s processes with respect to own business field.
- Solution mapping and development to solve root cause
- Experience in the whole digitalization industry / market or significant experience in a specific market, its drivers and challenges
- Comprehensive understanding of the business models of the customers in the industry.
- Ability to connect with external and internal key industry persons and be an acknowledged member of the internal industry community.
- Well established in external and internal networks within specialist field