Organization: Human Resources
Business Unit: Operations & Transformation
Requisition Number: 244333
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
• The role of the Global Mobility Consultant (in-house) is to facilitate home & host based expatriate assignments, and make case-specific decisions based on the Siemens expatriate principles, Global Mobility guidelines, and the Global Mobility Management (GMM) process handbooks.
• The Global Mobility Specialist will serve as the main point of contact for one or multiple Siemens operating companies and their expatriates on all expatriate related questions and expatriate policy interpretation. The consultant will be responsible for administering or coordinating, with all applicable internal or external parties, all expatriate related matters assigned to them, bringing them to their full and final conclusion. The consultant will keep track of these expatriate matters, keep expatriates and contacts informed of status and progress, and escalate open expatriate matters to applicable parties.
• The Global Mobility Consultant will interact with expatriates at various levels, consult with respective HR partners and business unit leaders, and will authorize Siemens preferred providers to provide 3rd party services. The consultant will report to the Global Mobility lead/manager and will be expected to provide insight and make individual and collective expatriate case recommendations.
• Organize and manage day-to-day workload under the direction of the Manager.
• Administer all assigned expatriate cases in accordance with principles and policies.
• Consult with Siemens Divisional HR and business contacts on the expatriate process, compliance, and best practices.
• Administer the expatriate life-cycle (pre-departure, on-assignment, repatriation) ensuring that all documents are obtained, vendor services ordered, and assignment management system record is maintained according to global audit requirements.
• Counsel the expatriate and accompanying family members, if applicable throughout the expatriate life-cycle.
• Coordinate the financial and analytical aspects throughout the expatriate, including payment request process, semi-annual worksheet updates, shadow-payroll processing with International Payroll, year-end compensation collection and reporting.
• Ensure timely and accurate billing to operating companies
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree required
• 2 to 4 years of experience in expatriate administration, global mobility or related International HR (IHR) field.
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of expatriate principles and policies.
• 5 percent travel will be expected
• Excellent organization skills
• Great team player with excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
• Natural change agent
Fluent Spanish (read, write and speak) skills required
• Sensitivity to intercultural issues
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Detailed working knowledge and understanding of tax equalization, US expatriate taxation, and cost chargeback issues.
• Detailed working knowledge and understanding of the international payroll process to include the creation and interpretation of internal resumes (comp breakdowns), and review of tax returns
• Detailed US and foreign visa knowledge
• International relocation knowledge (shipment of household goods, customs)
• Detailed understanding of US and international payroll processing
• Overseas employment/experience a plus
• German language skills are preferred.
Siemens AG (Berlin and Munich) is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 170 years. The company is active around the globe, focusing on the areas of power generation and distribution, intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems, and automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Through the separately managed company Siemens Mobility, a leading supplier of smart mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is shaping the world market for passenger and freight services. Due to its majority stakes in the publicly listed companies Siemens Healthineers AG and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Siemens is also a world-leading supplier of medical technology and digital healthcare services as well as environmentally friendly solutions for onshore and offshore wind power generation. In fiscal 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, Siemens generated revenue of €83.0 billion and net income of €6.1 billion. At the end of September 2018, the company had around 379,000 employees worldwide. Further information is available on the Internet at www.siemens.com