Business Unit: Smart Infrastructure
Requisition Number: 244343
Primary Location: United States-Utah-Sandy
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is searching for an Associate Project Manager / Client Service Manager (CSM) to support our automation and mechanical services business. The CSM is our single-source contact between our customers and Siemens internal operations. The CSM creates customer loyalty to the Siemens brand by managing all service agreement deliverables for our customers.
- Manage internal resources to exceed customer expectations while ensuring all contractual scope work is completed on time and within estimates and budgets.
- Lead the execution and the implementation of diverse projects
- Act as the primary liaison between Senior Management and the project teams
- Effectively manage the collaboration, communication and knowledge exchange of all stakeholders involved
- Project management specific tasks include but are not limited to creating an effective project structure, developing and adhering to the project plan, leading the project kick-off, efficient and effective completion of the project activities, managing stakeholders and feedback, adherence to budget, identifying and incorporating interdependencies, tracking deliverables, providing regular status updates and project documentation to the key stakeholders and team members.
- Identify and quantify optimization potential and overall impact to the organization using qualitative and quantitative data from various source systems (SAS, SAP, GSMS, Global Data Warehouse, Etc.)
- Complete multi-year maintenance (work) planning and scheduling utilizing customer interface, contractual documents, equipment operational manuals, personal site or equipment experience, known Siemens capabilities, and Siemens-provided software tools.
- Interface and communicate with our customers for Customer Loyalty and Quality Assurance activities. Communicate progress/status internally; create and execute improvement plans based on customer feedback.
- Perform or manage customer knowledge/training activities to improve product, equipment, or site understanding.
- Manage financial aspects of our service contract agreements ensuring continued profitability and cost containment for Siemens while ensuring that our customers perceive the value of the services we provide.
- Manage the contract renewal process end-to-end for stationary or stable year-over-year customers. Assist the Customer Sales Executive in the contract renewal process for large or growing customers.
- Provide cost viability approvals for estimated new or renewed service agreements.
- Manage billing and collection activities for the service agreements managed, as well as assist in the collection of other service activities such as Time & Material or Project work.
- Collaborate with our customers to consistently match known Siemens product and service capabilities with their business and facility needs
- Estimate, present, and attain customer approvals for automation or mechanical equipment repairs (Time & Material work).
- Estimate, propose, present, and attain customer approval for Moves, Adds, Changes, or Upgrades of automation or mechanical systems. (Project Work)
- Estimate, propose, present, and attain customer approval for Service Contract renewals of smaller automation or mechanical systems. (Service Agreements)
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam
- Required experience: 3+ years of building technologies contract management, project management, or construction management experience—or building technologies / mechanical services experience with demonstrable aptitude to be a successful client service manager.
- Required travel: 5%
- Other requirements:
- Proficient in the use of a Business Software application such as Oracle, SAP or other (managing financial and / or equipment maintenance applications)
- Proficient in the use of standard business applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel), custom estimating platforms, customer loyalty applications or other service related tools.
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills in English
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and be must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the Siemens vehicle plan.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Preferred experience: Project management experience and the ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- Strong mechanical background, ability to diagnose and recommend improvements for a customer’s mechanical system.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.