Business Unit: United States
Requisition Number: 244345
Primary Location: United States-California-Riverside
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
- Provides daily administrative and technical management of the project, oversees and supports sub project teams, such as but not limited to the engineering and construction teams in project design and development including scope, subcontractor selection, cost estimation, installation, and project scheduling.
- Coordinates with vendors and subcontractors to assure competitive cost, best schedule and delivery for all project-related equipment, supply installations, and construction services.
- Manages internal production and external vendors and subcontractors to ensure quality control and project delivery on time and within budget, while meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Provides ongoing project status updates with all parties throughout design, ramp up, implementation and close out.
- Evaluates technologies and equipment; recommends most suitable for each application.
- Provides project reports, documentation, technical assistance, support, and collaboration.
- Manages project expenditures and job cost accounting processes: including accuracy, documentation, approvals, invoicing, payment reporting/accounts receivable, financial forecasting, and tracking/reporting.
- Ensures compliance with company, industry, trade, and jurisdictional safety standards, practices and codes.
- Fosters positive and effective team development and business relationships at all levels and project phases.
- Coordination of all activities and appropriate and efficient handling and utilization of company resources
- Assistance with estimating, bidding and business development, including the analysis of resources required based on industry knowledge and past project performance metrics
- Identification and analysis of systems requirements and definition of project scope, requirements, and deliverables
- Tracking and reporting of team hours and expenses on a regular basis
- Managing internal and external project budgets
- Overseeing all aspects of the project including Profit and Loss and analyze project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and, utilization
- Compliance with the PM@Siemens Process and Guidelines
- Master Electrician’s license or ability to obtain within 6 months is highly desirable, but not required
- PMI certification or ability to obtain within 6 months
- PM@Siemens certification level or ability to obtain within 6 months
- >3 years experience in project management, preferably in the ITS industry
- Experience using SAP for accounting and/or project management functions
- Ability to organize and perform a variety of tasks and meet stringent timelines
- Well-versed in project management concepts, practices, and procedures
- Knowledge of statistics and the development and tracking of metrics and project KPI’s
- Self-motivated and possess the ability to learn Siemens processes and applications independently and stay up to date on changes
- Ability to generate revenue by promoting client services
- Ability to create and manage project plans within MS Project and/or any other electronic applications as required.
- Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- Competitive 401k match.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.