Business Unit: Tax
Requisition Number: 244347
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
As a member of the customs team, our Customs Trade Compliance Professional will support all the business units within Siemens Mobility USA in all customs related matters, ensuring full compliance with applicable customs regulations and internal requirements. The role will report directly to the US head of Customs.
- Act as an advisor to the business units on global trade compliance and supply chain security (C-TPAT) matters.
- Ensure full compliance and timely resolution for the assignment of HTS classifications for import and export shipments.
- Subject matter expertise on US Customs valuation and reconciliation process.
- Collect, analyze and evaluate company data and processes to identify risk & opportunities for standardizing and streamlining processes across business units in the US.
- Subject matter expertise on US Free Trade Agreements (FTA) and other US Preferential Trade Programs.
- Influence business practices to implement and utilize automated solutions.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders (business segment management, department leadership, members of the Customs Team) on cross department activities promoting process optimization.
- Identify, capture, collect, monitor key metrics (KPI’s) for development of business strategies and presentation to management.
- Develop, implement and enforces guidelines, solutions and plans in order to optimize processes in area of responsibility.
- Supports regular training to targeted business groups on import compliance and supply chain security topics.
- Implementation of Customs related processes within the business ERP or Global Trade Management System
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS Degree or equivalent of education and experience in related field
- Minimum of 5-8 years of related experience
- Direct experience with determining USHTS classifications
- Subject matter expertise on customs valuation and reconciliation requirements
- Project skills; including analytics, implementation strategies, metric measurement and continuous monitoring expectations and deliverables
- Strong written and verbal communication / interpersonal skills
- Proficient in computer skills utilizing various PC and MS Office applications
- Ability to work independently
- Presentation skills
- Required travel – not more than 10%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Licensed Customs Broker a plus but not required
- Hands-on experience with ERP, preferably SAP, and Global Trade Management system