Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 244366
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
Software Engineering Student Internship
Location: Cypress, California
Start Date: Fall 2019
Discover your career with us at Siemens Digital Industries Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
As an intern in Product Engineering Software (PES), you will dive into developing our premiere NX CAD software. You may work on business critical projects in quality assurance, business analytics, prototypes for new releases, automated tests, test results analysis, etc. You will have the opportunity to partner with senior engineers and push the limits on our project teams. You will get the opportunity to:
· Use the Siemens CAD software, NX, for development work
· Assist in maintaining our existing software product by analyzing and defining solutions to reported problems
· Work with customers to understand and improve our NX CAD Software
· Ensure ongoing quality of our software product for our customers
· Assist with delivering virtual commissioning use cases and evaluate the performance of various scenarios
· Currently enrolled in a university pursuing a master’s degree or PhD in computer science, electric engineering, or a related field
· Strong grasp of object oriented programming languages
· Experience with 3D CAD modeling Software is a plus
· Cloud or Amazon Web Service (AWS) experience is beneficial
· Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel PowerPoint)
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Effective organizational and time management skills
· Desire to continuously improve and learn about new areas
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills