Business Unit: Service Power Generation
Requisition Number: 244375
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Mount Pleasant
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Mount Pleasant, PA
Many processes at Siemens would not run as they should without our Support departments. Which is why we are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, or questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology. Around the world.
In this dynamic role, you will get the opportunity to manage CT NDE product area, reporting to the manager, NDE & Specialty Services within the department. You will also be responsible for performing non-destructive examination and specialty inspections at Siemens and other OEM power plant sites globally, with a primary focus in the Americas. This position is based at our Pittsburgh Service Center, located in Mount Pleasant, PA.
Manage the Combustion Turbine field inspection group with a focus on effective planning and resource management to optimize outage staffing and performance.
Drive Safety, Quality, Innovation, and Cost Control to create a competitive edge for the organization.
• Flexibility to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities for multiple projects or assignments.
• Develop and monitor annual operational budgets.
• Resolve customer complaints and field issues in a timely manner.
• Communicate the technical capabilities of the CT NDE group to internal and external customers.
• Interface with internal and external customers as required to develop a clear understanding of needs and requirements.
• Develop new inspections and improve existing inspections, with an emphasis on meeting Siemens fleet needs, growing the CT NDE business, and identification of opportunities for expansion of service offerings to other OEM equipment and non-traditional NDE services.
• Identification and business case development for R&D and capital projects for the CT NDE group.
• Collaborate with counterparts in other Siemens regions, primarily in the areas of equipment sales/support, development activities, and collaboration on field projects.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• BS Engineering Degree or equivalent technical training and experience.
• Extensive experience in power generation field service, including a solid understanding of steam turbines, combustion turbines, and generators.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and resolve conflicts.
• Strong customer orientation.
• Direct experience working with teams of non-exempt, exempt and contract personnel.
• Demonstrated ability to influence non-directs and accomplish objectives.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to direct others.
DESIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Previous management experience or completion of the BLI Leadership Assessment.
• Siemens Field Service experience, especially TGSS Department.
• Combustion Turbine Product knowledge and inspection experience.
• Strong Electrical/Mechanical background.
• NDE knowledge/experience.
• 10 or more years of directly related experience is preferred.
• Knowledge of Risk Management and quality orientation.
• Knowledge of Siemens software, such as TCTP, SAP, Fleet data access, Purchasing system, capital appropriation system.
• Commercial knowledge and experience (contract negotiations, etc.)
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.