Business Unit: Process Solutions
Requisition Number: 244379
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
"Are you ready to take your Industrial Automation career to the next level and work for a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years?"
This Systems Engineer position will work following customer requirements, specifications, and proposals to design automation systems for the customer’s application with a heavy focus on instrumentation and controls. The engineer will be required to work with interfacing and controlling the drive system and associated mechanical and electrical equipment including switchgear, control houses, cooling systems, transformers, etc. The engineer will work closely with drafters to create outline drawings, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, bills of materials, test plans and O&M manuals for the customer. Engineer will interface with customers, sale reps, vendors, project managers, and field service personnel. Execute (individually or as member or leader of an engineering team) highly customized production orders under minimum supervision utilizing product design guides and guidelines, industry standards and best engineering practices. Provide engineering expertise to drafters/designers on highly customized production orders.
Provide engineering support for Proposals, Sales, Project Management, Manufacturing, Field Service and Quality Assurance groups during project cycle up to and including commissioning. Provide technical content for Customized Product manuals.
Attend or lead design reviews both internally and with customers to resolve technical and programmatic issues.
Provide support to other company functions during the manufacturing process to bring designs to completion. These functions include operations, procurement, planning, testing, coordination of outside vendors, etc.
Provide support to customers and the Customer Service group to maintain existing designs and resolve customer field issues.
Participate and perform action items as a team member or lead projects involving other engineers and cross-functional team members.
• Education: BS in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology or related discipline required.
• Must have >3 years of relevant industrial automation experience
• PLC/HMI programming and configuration experience is required.
• Must have knowledge and experience in industrial instrumentation and process control.
• Must have general knowledge of industrial controls, including relay logic, etc.
• Knowledge in power electronics, VFD's (AC/DC), and electrical machinery.
• Must be able to interface with customers and vendors and resolve comments and changes to documents and drawings.
• Must understand variable frequency drives and their applications.
• Ability to read schematics and interpret customer specifications.
• Strong organization and excellent time management skills.
• Possess a familiarity with and follow all engineering policies and procedures.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Computer skills required, including Microsoft Office, Visio, and Project.
• Field service background
• IEC knowledge
• Able to read non-US drawings
• Knowledge of Siemens S7 PLCs (PCS7 a plus)
• Drive/Motor System Design
• Interfacing with MCCs
• Interfacing with Switchgear Experience
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Candidate must have valid driver license.