Business Unit: Process Solutions
Requisition Number: 244382
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
"Are you ready to take your Industrial Power Systems knowledge to a new level and work for a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years?"
Siemens is in search of a Power Systems Engineer experienced in creating integrated industrial power solutions with medium- and low-voltage for the Cement, Minerals, Marine, and Fiber industries.
The engineer who takes this position will design, implement, and commission solutions using Siemens power systems technology portfolio to satisfy industrial customer requirements. Our integrated solutions combine PLC control with industrial drive systems to provide higher level control and coordination. The engineer will be supported by leading global standards, products, and technical experts in every industry and an experienced local project team with decades of power, drives, and automation experience. Our team of experts, sales representatives, project managers, and field service personnel routinely collaborate to successfully execute projects and address customer needs. Opportunities include paper machine power distribution systems, marine power generation and distribution systems, and large minerals crusher and conveyor power systems, in addition to the normal assortment of industrial MCC and panel board solutions.
A successful engineer will be able to take a project from the proposal phase through commissioning, addressing customer concerns about design, performance, installation, commissioning, and maintenance across the whole power distribution system. Depending on the project the engineer could be closely collaborating with drive and automation engineers to execute an integrated scope or working independently on a power distribution focused project. When in the field, the engineer will be expected to support commissioning and troubleshoot these power systems. As a technical expert at Siemens the engineer will be counted on to resolve challenging technical problems and represent Siemens to the customer.
• Execute customized power solutions under minimal supervision using local and global design standards, industry standards and engineering best practices.
• Stay up to date on the latest industrial solutions and new product developments within Siemens to maintain top-notch skills and knowledge
• Provide engineering support for Sales, Project Management, Manufacturing, Field Service and Quality Assurance groups from sales through execution, commissioning, and service
• Interface directly to project customers to answer questions, resolve comments, and present Siemens solutions
• Develop new solutions and standardize them for use across our engineering team, where appropriate
• Prepare project-specific documentation (system and functional descriptions, test and commissioning procedures, etc.)
• Collaborate with CAD specialists and design engineers to prepare project-specific drawing packages
• Technically approve internal and external subcontractor products and solutions to ensure industry and customer requirements are satisfied
• Based out of our Alpharetta, Georgia office with required domestic and international travel to other Siemens and customer facilities
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
• Education: BS in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology or equivalent.
• Medium Voltage Experience
• Switchgear Experience
• Strong organization and excellent time management.
• Strong verbal and written English communication.
• Strong computer background - both productivity and industrial software
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
• Education: Masters in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• Industry knowledge in Cement, Marine, Minerals, and/or Fiber.
• Knowledge of drivetrain system design
• Thorough understanding of variable speed drives and coordinated controls.
• Industrial experience with variable speed drives and electric machines.
• PLC/HMI programming and configuration experience.
• Knowledge of SINAMICS drives and S7 PLCs
• Field service or Commissioning background a plus.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Candidate must have valid driver license.