Business Unit: Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 244404
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
As a Control Systems Engineer you will be responsible for supporting/ leading the development and execution of Automation & Controls work for packaging of Siemens small gas turbines, turbine driven units (compressors/ generators) and Motor driven compressors. This position is responsible for Control Systems for Packaging the gas turbines projects which requires control panel design, PLC programming, Instrumentation, testing , debugging, and assist during commissioning and start-up efforts.
- Design complex control systems for controlling and monitoring gas turbines, gas turbine driven compressors and generators and motor driven compressors.
- Have basic understanding of principles of Gas Turbines and various systems of gas turbines including the fuel systems, auxiliary systems and basic concepts of driven units such as compressors and generators.
- Able to understand P&IDs and develop control system schematics, wiring diagrams and loop diagrams
- Develop the controls scope for the project, provide input to project cost estimates and schedules
- Develop control system architectures and complex network diagrams
- Proficient in Control Panel Assembly Design and General Arrangements
- Develop controls application using Softwares such as Siemens PCS7, Allen Bradley RSLogix Family.
- Develop PLC programming using ladder logic, statement text, function blocks and CFCs.
- Design and develop Control System hardware using Siemens ET-200 Family, S7-300/400 Family products and Allen Bradley ControlLogix, FlexLogix family products.
- Develop operator interface using HMI products such as RS
- View, Intouch Wonderware, WinCC
- Design controls architectures using communication Protocols such as Profibus, Ethernet, ControlNET, DeviceNET, Modbus etc.
- Design, develop and program Fire & Gas Systems such as Det-tronics
- Design, develop and program machine monitoring systems such as Bently Nevada
- Knowledge of Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS), SIL Levels and Safety Systems.
- Knowledge of industry standards such as ATEX, CE, IEC, NEC, API, etc.
- Engineer shall review customer specifications and provide comments and feedback.
- Shall develop cause & effects matrix, function block diagrams and control narratives.
- Shall support production during the construction and testing.
- Engineer shall ensure all designs are compliant with applicable codes, standards and safety regulations.
- Engineer shall also be responsible for supporting sales/ application engineering during the bid phase of the project.
- Shall have experience in writing test procedures, user manuals and technical proposals.
- Shall be part of kick off and design review meetings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in engineering degree
- 5 years of experience in Controls System Engineering within various industries.
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience in Allen Bradley Control Systems (ControlLogix, CompactLogix and FlexLogix etc) and software (RSLogix 5000, RSLinx etc)
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience in controls systems architecture and networking concepts. (ControlNet, Devicenet, Ethernet, Profibus, Modbus etc).
- Knowledge and hands on experience with Siemens controls systems, Simatic S7, WinCC, Profibus etc.
- Strong knowledge of design, specification and implementation of software and/or hardware systems
- HMI development, configuration and implementation of Rockwell software. Programming using Factory Talk Systems
- Must demonstrate a structured approach to the job with the ability to set priorities and attention to job details
- Strong customer focus in dealing with end clients, internal discipline groups and vendors.
- Strong communications, analytical, problem solving and organizational/planning skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience w/Rotating Equipment (Gas Turbines, Compressors, Generators)
- Knowledge of Siemens Small Gas Turbines
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.