Business Unit: Service Power Generation
Requisition Number: 244415
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Glen Rose
Other Locations: United States-Texas-Granbury
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Turbine Generator Systems Engineer
Glen Rose, TX
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to invent new technologies? Collaborate with other brilliant minds? Create the future with your ideas? At Siemens, you can.
• You will provide Engineering support to Operations, Maintenance, Engineering and other site organizations.
• Primary focus area is Turbine/Generator and support systems
• Perform Engineering Evaluations of Systems, Components, programs and processes.
• Provide cost effective design inputs when required to improve plant, system or equipment performance.
• Maintain compliance with standards, codes, and federal regulations applicable to equipment.
• Perform periodic walkdowns and monitoring of equipment, recommend preventive and corrective maintenance on equipment and systems.
• Create reports, evaluations and recommendations in support of above requirements.
• Acquire and maintain qualifications commensurate with job.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
You will have the following to be successful in this position:
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering
• Accumulated 5+ years of Nuclear power plant experience or equivalent.
• Strong written and oral interpersonal skills
• Self-starter and strong analytical skills
• Ability to travel 5%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Preferred is Systems Engineering experience at a Nuclear site.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed.
Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we would like to meet you.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.