Business Unit: Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics
Requisition Number: 244463
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens Logistics LLC is looking for a talented Senior Systems Engineer with 10+ years of experience in parcel processing automation and material handling solutions architecture. You will develop solution architectures based on both Siemens and 3rd Party parcel processing products. In doing so you will collaborate extensively with experienced Systems Engineers in the Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics, Controls, and Software engineering disciplines from both Siemens USA and Siemens International locations. You will also be required to manage and lead internal R&D and Prototyping projects to yield proof of concept results for unproven areas of innovation and/or levels of performance not previously attained by the parcel processing automation equipment being used today by companies such as USPS, FedEx, and UPS. Siemens is a global company with a heightened focus on compliance with best-in-class business practices. Additionally, all Siemens employees, and especially senior level contributors, must be comfortable and accepting of the diversity in our workforce and across our worldwide customer base. At Siemens we value diversity as the inclusion and collaboration of different thinking, backgrounds, experiences, expertise and individual qualities across all organizational levels and strongly subscribe to the fact that diversity brings more competition, innovation and variety to Siemens. If you possess the qualifications, skills and experience outlined below, we would be pleased to meet with you to explore this opportunity.
Primary ongoing responsibility is for architecting proposed solutions in response to customer’s requirements for parcel processing automation and/or material handling solution projects.
Focus is on fully compliant technical solutions that will achieve the Customer’s operational goals and return on investment criteria.
• Preliminary requirements from meetings or technology workshops
• Requests for Information on solutions to a specific need for parcel processing operations
• Requests for Proposals with Statement of Work or Objectives
• Completion of a solution architecture of sufficient detail to develop a firm fixed price Business
• Decomposition of the system solution and the customer requirements to a level sufficient for all supporting departments and disciplines to prepare accurate cost and labor estimates. Typical requirements breakdown will include:
o Complete equipment list (Bill of Materials)
o Non Recurring Engineering needed to fulfill structural, mechanical, power distribution, electrical, controls, software, and safety system requirements
o Non Recurring Engineering and Technical Support needed to fulfill installation, integration, commissioning, and test requirements
o Recurring Engineering and Field Service Teams needed to fulfill Production Deployment, including Site Surveys, equipment delivery logistics, equipment staging, structural install, mechanical install, electrical install (subcontractors), controls install and checkout, commissioning, test, and Customer Acceptance Test
o Logistics support elements requirements, such as Operations Training, Maintenance Training,
o Identification of Risks and proposed mitigation strategies
Equally important duty and responsibility is customer relationship management and new business development. At a minimum this requires a candidate that is:
• Experienced, comfortable, and confident giving presentations and leading technical discussions
• Polished and professional communication skills (technical proposals, technical white papers, face to face meetings, phone calls, email, Skype, etc.
The Senior Systems Engineer, Parcel Processing Automation, guides the internal technical teams in the pursuit of technical solution business opportunities, and works directly with both the internal and external stakeholders every step of the way. To fill this role, the right candidate must:
• Direct and support the teams assigned to R&D projects and Bid & Proposal efforts
• Have a working knowledge of the fundamentals of Program Management, including work breakdown, schedule development and maintenance, stakeholder communications and management, resource management, cost management, risk management, change management, and quality management.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent is required; advanced degree preferred
• 10+ years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Knowledge and Responsibilities, with at least five years of developing material handling system solution architectures and interfacing directly with customers
• PMP certification / experience preferred
• Proficiency in the following applications is required: MS Project (Gantt charts), MS Excel (proposal estimates and data manipulation), MS PowerPoint, MS Word (SOW, Technical Proposals, etc.), AutoCAD 2D
• Must possess organizational agility/ability to get things done in a matrix organization
• Must possess good technical ability, and understand highly complex technical issues
• Known for effective leadership of teams. Passion for customer satisfaction.
• Ability to motivate others to perform well
• Travel Requirements: Up to 20%