Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 244493
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-East Pittsburgh
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/mobility.html
Our engineers help to efficiently provide entire cities with power, to make manufacturing more intelligent, and assist NASA with their exploration of Mars. Why? Because their motto is “Get in there and try it!” Because they see themselves as trailblazers, problem-solvers, and partners of the industry. All over the world. Join us and find out how you can contribute your skills at our company and how we can help you develop.
This position involves managing the requirements and architecture design of Railroad projects utilizing existing On-Board products, or creating requirements for new products as needed. These On-Board products are applied as part of the overall system solution for safe Railroad vehicle operations. This creates many exciting challenges for our team, as we support the Railroad industry in this undertaking every day.
You will be part of a team responsible for all requirements concerning system design, development, maintenance, and creation of the system architecture to improve development and simplify the deployment of complex control systems. You are joining in a system engineering role that contributes to new designs, software and hardware specifications, and solving system problems. You will be responsible through all stages of a project up to and including final customer review and sign-off. You will demonstrate your experience and make recommendations related to productivity, cost reduction and improvement in customer satisfaction. You will have an interface to the customers and internal teams worldwide and vendors.
- Design and implement, new and existing functionality based on customer requirements
- Analyze and mitigate performance issues or unusual system behavior, including issues that involve interaction between multiple system components
- Establish a baseline design between the customer and engineering
- Communicate with the customer during all stages of development
- Assist the customer to implement monitoring and measures to improve the stability of the system
- Understand all disciplines within engineering, QA, Manufacturing, and procurement
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years’ experience as a Systems Engineer, Application Engineer, or similar role
- General knowledge of Siemens On-Board products, as well as other supplier products
- Approximately 20% travel for customer meetings and possible on-site testing
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.