Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 244508
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Livonia
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
The Solution Architect is responsible for the successful application of the Advantedge Siemens PLM implementation methodology to demonstrate technical leadership and deliver high quality PLM implementations. The Solution Architect will be expected to provide overall technical direction to the team, and guidance to the customer based on Siemens Advantedge best practices. Our Solution Architects are thought leaders in the Automotive, Transportation, Heavy Equipment, Industrial Machinery and Energy verticals and will be expected to provide guidance to the vertical on Industry Best Practices. The Solution Architect position will be reporting to the Automotive, Transportation, Heavy Equipment, Industrial Machinery and Energy Technical Leadership Director. Experience in Model Based Systems Engineering, Electrification and/or Autonomous solution development practices in the Automotive, Transportation, Heavy Equipment, Industrial Machinery and Energy industries would be a plus for this position, but not required.
- Leadership of the project team and customer to deliver project goals
- Oversee all aspects of the technical project. Ensure that Advantedge best practices are followed and that the functional specification is implemented correctly
- Direct the offshore team to successfully implement documented functional specs
- Assist the Project Manager with estimates, detailed work breakdown structure, and enforcement of scope for the project.
- Become a trusted advisor to the customer to steer customer towards Siemens Best Practices.
- Authoring of functional specs to document all detailed implementation information for the project.
- Working with QA lead to execute our Quality Assurance process
- Run workshops to execute the Solution Definition portion of Advantedge.
- Effectively communicate design direction to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Support the Engagement Manager on preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications.
- Manage customer expectations across project cycle.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college, preferably with electrical engineering background, Advanced Degree may be substituted for industry experience
- Multiple years designing Teamcenter solutions or similar PLM tools
- Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) knowledge
- Experience in the technical leadership of large software implementation projects
- Demonstrated experience using Advantedge methodology or best practices to help implement a large software implementation project.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, to present complex issues to multi-level audiences and effectively communicate progress, status and issues to internal and external Customers.
- Experience leading offshore team on implementation projects.
- A commitment to drive implementation success in a highly competitive market
- Ability to interpret and report results to senior management as well as customer
- Travel 25%
- Location: Detroit, MI
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience in Model Based Systems Engineering, Electrification and/or Autonomous solution development practices in the Automotive, Transportation, Heavy Equipment, Industrial Machinery, or Energy industries
- Preferred experience with the project management of PLM projects