Business Unit: Services & Automation
Requisition Number: 244633
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Reston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) is seeking a highly experienced individual for a position as the Vice President of Financial Planning and Controlling. This position is responsible for all Financial Planning and Analysis, Government Accounting Compliance, Corporate Accounting, Tax, Reporting and Billing functions. In addition, implements improvement in methods, procedures, and content of accounting output, which will increase profits. Key Partner for Financial Reporting, IFRS, and Government Accounting. This position is responsible for SGT’s disclosure statement, and cost accounting structure. This position is expected to be a strategic partner with the CFO to construct cost competitive financial structures necessary for growth. This position ensures compliance with US Government and Internal Siemens reporting requirements and integrity of the financial statements of SGT. The position reports to the CFO.
- Implements financial controls necessary for a federal government contractor to ensure safeguarding of company assets as well as guaranteeing the accuracy and completeness of financial statements.
- Understanding of Treasury and Bank Functions for Cash Controlling
- Manages Disclosure Statement updates and all financial coordination with DCAA including updates and audits
- Strong Skills in Balance Sheet Reporting
- Ability to grow and Develop team. Position has to be able to keep a pipeline in place and develop people into organization.
- Coordinates with parent company to meet all legal entity reporting requirements including, but not limited to tax accounting, insurance and licensing, external audits, annual and long term business planning.
- Participates in the development of short and long-range financial goals and objectives for the Business.
- Prepares studies, control reports, and analyses of cost and profit trends from statement of budgets, expense, and income through the use of charts and schedules.
- Approves the completed general ledger and presents to management.
- Interface to Internal and External Audit for the review of financial statements.
- Implements changes in accounting systems and procedures. Owner for ERP system and Roadmap for improvements.
- Manages and oversees all aspects of inventory control accounting, including Inventory Records Accuracy (IRA) procedures, to ensure proper recording of cost.
- Conducts feasibility studies of various projects and proposed systems.
- Ensures that systems, procedures and reports are in compliance with company policies, acceptable accounting practices, and all applicable government regulations.
- Able to analyze complex contracts to ensure proper accounting treatment according to IFRS standards and translation to Government Accounting.
- Oversees the credit and collection process for the business. This should result in driving timely collection of accounts receivable and minimizing write-offs.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Accounting CPA, MBA, or CMA preferred.
Minimum of 8 years in the financial planning and analysis function of a federal government contractor.
Must have extensive experience working with government contracts, cost submissions and associated reporting.
Must have experience in working with Certified Accounting Systems.
Experience with Large organization required and associated interfaces.
Experience in a FOCI mitigate entity is preferred.
This position will require strong analytical skills and judgment in balancing the need for financial results with total customer satisfaction. Individual should possess a thorough understanding of IFRS and be committed to maintaining the highest standards of business ethics. Also, this position will require proven leadership skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and required external parties.
Candidate must be a US citizen and will be subject to a government security investigation to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information if needed in the future. Secret or Top Secret clearance preferred.