Business Unit: Next47
Requisition Number: 244642
Primary Location: United States-California-Palo Alto
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Have you always been intrigued by the venture capital space and want more exposure to this sector which serves as critical catalyst for innovation? Do you enjoy working in a setting where you have the autonomy and resources to do your best work? Do you thrive working within a collaborative, low ego environment where you are held to a high bar, while being supported and recognized for your contributions? If so, Next47 may be the place for you. Next47 is a global venture capital firm backed by Siemens and committed to turning today's impossible ideas into tomorrow's indispensable industries. Our relationship with Siemens gives us access to international markets, a global customer base, and incomparable technical experience, all of which we use to catalyze our portfolio companies’ growth. Next47 works with startups who are using deep technologies such as artificial intelligence, augmented and virtual reality, cybersecurity, autonomous driving, IoT, robotics, and advanced manufacturing, to solve industry's most difficult and fundamental challenges. For more information, check out our website at www.next47.com
We are looking to hire a Senior Accounting and Controlling Principal in Palo Alto, California, to own all accounting, controlling, reporting, and business administration activities for Next47, a US legal entity. Reporting to the CFO and CEO, the Sr Accounting/Controlling Principal will serve as a key member of the Next47 administrative team and is equivalent to a Head of Accounting/Controlling position within the Siemens world. The successful candidate will not only bring a high degree of technical finance skills, but also thrive in a collaborative and matrixed environment requiring close partnership with Next47’s globally distributed business administrative teams within Germany and China, as well as Siemens corporate departments.
· Partner with Next47 management, providing advice and proposing measures regarding finance / business administration.
· Support implementation of financial and business administration policies, standards and procedures, for Next47.
· Accomplish financial and ad-hoc analysis, planning and controlling activities and all related business administration activities.
· Complete consolidation of all accounting, financial reporting, and other finance related operations (incl. P&L reporting and balance sheet; internal certification).
· Perform comparisons Actual vs. Plan and proceeds with revolving midterm planning and periodic forecasts throughout the year.
· Ensures effective treasury management, optimized capital financing structure and tax compliance management.
· Checks content and analyze supplier and/ customer contracts, to ensure compliant contract management.
Requirements and Characteristics
· BS/BA degree required, in Economics, Business Administration or equivalent. MBA preferred.
· Prior experience in or ability to quickly learn tools like ESPRIT, SAP, AdStar, CISS, Finavigate, SpoDom, which are all part of the Siemens suite of accounting tools.
· Results-driven attitude with demonstratable experience in carrying initiatives from ideation to execution.
· Fluent in English.
· Customer-centric mindset and a high comfort level collaborating with a diverse mix of partners and stakeholders.
· Effective communication skills and a bias for action.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.