Business Unit: Service
Requisition Number: 244654
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens Gamesa US Talent Acquisition
NAM Region Commodity Buyer – Service BU
Responsible for purchase all the services of the commodity assigned. Responsible for actively participating in development of commodity strategy, sourcing/negotiations, regional budget execution, implement global best practices and interface with suppliers or internal stakeholders. Work is of a complex nature involving a considerable amount of initiative, analytical work and a high level of independent judgment.
* Manages Commodity assigned and fosters cross-functional alignment.
* Define Commodity structure and design sourcing strategies to assure best TCO and assure reliability of services at Wind Farms to achieve the maximum contribution to the targets.
* Communicates the strategies to ensure long-term, cost-efficient supply of services.
* Negotiate and implement frame contracts; conditions and documents.
* Plan own work according to targets agreed, within a quarterly up to an annual cycle, by integrating resources in a project driven environment.
* Coordinates and manages cross-functionally with Operations, Supply Chain, Quality, Accounts Payable, Sales, Customer Service, Demand Planning, others to achieve optimum conditions and savings through collaborative, targeted activities to increase profit.
* Perform all duties in accordance with SGRE values and Code of Conduct.
* Diligent adherence and execution of Procurement procedures.
* Develops and implements productivity measures.
* Communicate all relevant Procurement information (pricing, contractual conditions, supplier management data) to keep stakeholders up to date.
* Identifies procurement risks, opportunities and market forces to avoid potential damage/ exploit potential opportunities through risk and change management.
* Establishes and maintains supply base with capacity/capability to support requirements.
* Performs Supplier Management, Supplier Development to obtain and develop the best suppliers.
* Provide functional advice and guidance to colleagues and customers.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related
10+/- years of professional experience and 5+/- year in Procurement
Experience on strategic sourcing process
Familiar with cranes technical requirements
Organized, attention to details and demonstrated analytical ability as problem-solving skills
Interpersonal skills to work within cross-functional teams’ environment
Mandatory advanced negotiation skills
Self-starter with initiative; ability to function with minimal supervision
Active on development, testing and implementation of improvement initiatives