Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 244676
Primary Location: United States-Alabama-Pelham
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
Reporting to the Service Operations Supervisor, this position provides technical service to customer Fire Safety systems including technical support during the installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
· Coordinates with contractors in the process of installation of systems sold by a branch office.
· Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary.
· Conducts testing and inspects systems under maintenance agreements.
· Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems.
· Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
· Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner. Identifies code issues and nonconformance issues.
· Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities.
· Reports daily on activities completed, deferred, requiring further action or material. Participates in On-Call assignments/ schedules as required.
· Acts as a mentor and provides on-the-job training to lower level Field Service Technicians as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· 2+ years in the installation and maintenance of Fire Safety products.
· NICET II Fire Alarm Certification required (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technology) within 12 months of hire.
· Strong customer service skills. Good verbal and written communications skills.
· Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs. Ability to lift seventy five(75) pounds unassisted.
· Must have valid state drivers license and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
All employees receive Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.