Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 244690
Primary Location: United States-California-Hayward
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
Siemens is seeking a Fire Solutions Field Technician to support our customers in the Bay Area. This technician assists in coordinating, programming, and performing technical product implementation in the field for newly installed Fire Life Safety Systems with senior-level support involving Smoke Control, Mass Notification, Voice, Campus Networks, Suppression Systems, and integration with other building technologies systems (building automation, security, etc.).
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Performs Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance/ Final Testing.
- Completes and submits written reports.
- Assists in verifying point database; reviews job specific programming via computer for various systems.
- Assists in creating and uploading point databases.
- Assists in backs up data from data servers.
- Assists in troubleshooting and resolves inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations.
- Contacts original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/ when needed; drives issues to resolution.
- Runs reports to analyze system operation.
- May train customers on system operations.
- Provides Plans and Control System Documents to engineering for as−built drawings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required travel: 5%
- Required experience: Electrical aptitude and knowledge based on previous schooling or hands-on experience required to be successful in this role.
- Other requirements:
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other service-related tools.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to use laptop, smartphone, and tablet.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.