Business Unit: Point of Care
Requisition Number: 244746
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Job Description - Scrum Master
We’re looking for a Scrum Master to help our project teams apply scrum principles consistently while remaining focused on delivering value to our customers. The candidate will advise and lead cross-functional teams on agile framework values, principles and scrum framework to ensure that the team is fully functional, productive, self-sustaining, high-performing while being focused on the program and business objectives.
· Provide key partnership, support, coach and be an all-around advocate for the Agile Scrum delivery methodology amongst project team and client stakeholders.
· Build a productive team environment where collaboration and group problem solving is encouraged.
· Handle and resolve impediments and remain focused on hitting sprint commitments.
· Assist with internal and external communication with an emphasis on transparency.
· Proven experience in handling programs involving multiple stakeholders. Articulating, negotiating and documenting the needed work effort.
· Ensure high morale of the team through innovative and creative problem solving, removing barriers to keep teams stay focused on delivery work and free from external distractions.
· Ability to establish plans, monitor and report on program status, budgets, schedules, etc. Ability to resolve complex problems positively and professionally.
· Facilitating all necessary team meetings (sprint planning, daily standups, sprint reviews/retrospectives, etc.) release planning and helping the PO manage the release backlog.
· Coaching the team in Agile relative estimation techniques, cross-functionality and self-organization.
· Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to defining and prioritizing the product backlog.
· Ensuring transparency into the teams work through the sprint backlog, burndown chart and other Agile metrics.
Education & Experience
· BS/BA in related discipline required.
· First level Scrum Master Certification (CSM, PSM I, PMI-ACP) and broad understanding of agile methods including Kanban.
· 2-5 years total business experience (program/project management), with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the role of a Scrum Master role applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
· Deep knowledge of Agile R&D workflow, approaches and techniques is a must have.
· Healthcare sector experience preferred.
· Excellent skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.