Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 244748
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Milford
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Digital Industries Software
Strategic Student Program (SSP)
Discover your career with us at Siemens Digital Industries Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We’re currently recruiting co-ops for our fall 2019 Strategic Student Program. Our co-op positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
We have positions available in software development, user experience, data management, technical marketing, global technical customer support, and research & design innovation. For more information on our specific roles, please see the attached PDF.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future sponsorship by the company
- Preferred sophomore or junior status
- Able to work from Milford, OH without relocation assistance
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Energetic student community
- Leadership opportunities
- Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
Sales and Services
Americas Services – Learning and Adoption Services
As part of the Learning and Adoption Services team, you will collaborate with Consultants, Product Architects, Solution Architects, Project Managers, Industry Experts, Orchestrators, Sales managers and Product Development teams to ensure our employees have access to the training support they need to be successful in their roles. Your responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with the Services team to capture and develop learning content
- Create, verify and maintain cloud based training and development environments
- Manage and deploy hardware, including thin-client pc workstations and servers
- Maintaining Learning and Adoptions Services public facing website and learning management system.
- Collaborate within a team to estimate, plan and schedule deliverables and tasks
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student majoring in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or a related field
- Comfortable with using web based development tools such as Sharepoint or PHP with a webserver such as Apache or JBoss
- Good communication skills and ability to provide status updates on a regular basis
- A self-starter with strong communication skills