Business Unit: EPC Projects
Requisition Number: 244757
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
As a System Engineer, you will establish sound emissions calculations and guarantees for various proposal and projects. Responsibilities will include design specifications, acoustical plant modeling, and acoustical testing. Excellent communication and problem-solving skills are essential, as this position requires working in close conjunction with all design engineering functions within the division as well as sales, marketing, external architectural engineers, and project management.
Additionally, you may be asked to support other team members in air emissions calculations and thermal plant performance testing activities and should have a working knowledge of thermodynamic design for power generation projects.
- Develop air quality and acoustical guarantees on power generation facilities
- Develop acoustical models to predict far field impacts at sensitive receptors
- Perform control technology assessments (Silencers, barriers, acoustical insulation etc.)
- Develop noise protection concepts for new equipment design for various components that support a power generation facility
- Develop specifications for acoustic testing that comply with ASME standards
- Support contract review for environmental and performance testing
- Support development of Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMs) specification
- Perform/Supervise air quality tests (stack and CEMs certification) and acoustical testing at power generation facilities (contract and permit compliance, and strategic research)
- Develop, review, and implement permitting plans for power generation facilities
- Support Performance Testing Activities including thermodynamic calculations for Correction Curves, Test Procedure Development, Onsite Performance Testing, and Heat Balance Diagram Development
- Resolve field installation and commissioning problems associated with equipment and systems within assigned responsibilities
- Communicate in both written and verbal form and to interface with a wide range of organizations both internally and externally regarding power plant system and equipment design requirements.
- Develop, track and meet project or proposal schedule commitments and budgets
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Up to 2 years of experience in various power plant components.
- Strong communications skills, able to clearly and concisely express technical information of power plant system and equipment design requirements (or data) to non-technical associates, peers and management
- Strong Technical writing skills
- Presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 3 years of industrial noise experience of acoustical design and testing with preference of Combined Cycle/power generation knowledge
- A working knowledge of acoustical design systems
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.