Business Unit: Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 244783
Primary Location: United States-California-Berkeley
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
This is a role
well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their
career. As a Buying Professional, you will be responsible for:
- In your daily activities you will participate in semi-complex buying strategies to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of supplies and materials.
- You will serve as liaison between vendors and business reuestors.
- You will resolves semi-complex delivery, quality or other related problems with purchases and invoices.
- You will prepare requests for quotes and assists in the development of new supply sources; domestic and international purchases.
- You will support the local Finance team with generic reporting and system requests.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar
with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with
- You demonstrate a good knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures in the area of Procurement.
- You have good PC skills (MS Office software like Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) and good knowledge in SAP/R3.
- You have a good understanding of general accounting guidelines –specifically related to GR/IR activities.
- You may provide general guidance or train lower level support staff.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 5 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.