Business Unit: Gas and Power
Requisition Number: 244788
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
As the Fluid Systems Engineer, you will have a vital role in the Customer Order Engineering Department. You will also be responsible for engineering activities associated with planning and implementing the Fluid Systems scope for gas turbine (GT) power plant equipment.
Support all involved departments to produce three key customer document deliverables for representing a fully integrated GT package. These key documents are:
1. Integrated Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
2. Integrated Customer Piping Connection Process Requirements Document
3. Integrated Instrument, Valve, and Control Settings (IVCS) Document..
You will also know how all these disciplines integrate together to result in a safe and reliable product. Coordinate with other Siemens engineers to ensure the design is delivered with high quality.
- Active Customer Projects
- Attends project kick-off, engineering interface, and baseline meetings
- Creates and "owns" project specific P&IDs for the entire GT package. This activity includes integrating the GT auxiliary
systems, Generator auxiliary systems, Balance of Plant systems, and GT ancillary systems (inlet, exhaust, etc.).
- Creates and "owns" project specific Customer Piping Connection Process Requirements Document
- Creates and "owns" project specific Instrument, Valve, and Control Settings Document
- Coordinates/integrates GT package 3D design activities with the Controls and Electrical Disciplines
- Identifies and communicates risks and opportunities to management
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Knowledge of Fuel Gas and Fuel Oil System design,Control Oil System design, Critical Skills for GT Fluid Systems and specifications/hardware
- Experienced in instrumentation and electrical/controls interface requirements
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.