Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 244802
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Blue Bell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: No
Are you ever curious about what new technology is currently trending and how that technology can be integrated into a common platform to provide additional value to customers? Do you ever find yourself researching better ways to execute your current job role using technology? If so, this is the career you have been waiting for! In a world where technology is constantly changing this position will help grow our Siemens BT security service team. This position will challenge you with thinking outside the box and work with an innovation team to service our current customers and maintain the highest level of service by using the most advanced systems for the security industry.
- Implements and/or performs security service for new and existing equipment installation or system repairs.
- Network Technologies: Work in troubleshooting of card access database, hardware and that programming is consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence; backs up data from data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure.
- Troubleshoots and resolves routine inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed; acts towards resolution of issues; refers complex matters to supervisor as needed.
- Participates in the set up and configuration of PC workstations, user interfaces; card access and CCTV data servers and working with the local IT department on IP Networking devices, protocols, routers, switches, mass storage devices and hubs.
- Coordinate startup services as needed; participates in the coordination of network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer's IT Department personnel; primary support is programming of card access and CCTV for these types of installations.
- Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Runs reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work, assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations. Completes and submits routine written reports; performs site walks and provides written data back to sales for job quotes.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 3+ years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above
- Self-motivated individual - internally driven
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Must have great communication skills
- Must be able to lift 50 lb.
- Must have experience with Access Control Systems, NVR Systems, IP Intercom Systems
- Must have experience with Excel, Power Point, Word, Visio, Google Search
- Must have experience with network equipment (switches, routers, etc.)
- Must have experience with Windows operating systems (Server 2012, 2016, Windows 7, Windows 10 etc.)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle