Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 244822
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Plymouth
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
- Coordinates, manages, implements and/or performs technical product support for equipment that has been newly installed.
- Performs System Preparation & Design Coordination: works with engineering group to create and/or verify point database; creates/reviews job specific programming via computer for various systems (controls, (ESS), creates /reviews and uploads point database, creates graphics in the Central Processing Unit (CPU).
- Network Technologies: verifies point database and programming operations are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence; backs up data from data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure; troubleshoots and resolves inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed; drives issues to resolution.
- Sets up and configures PC workstations, user interfaces; data servers, IP Networking devices, protocols, routers, switches, mass storage devices and hubs. Confirm proper network performance.
Project Site Communication and Coordination: Schedules with trade contractors to coordinate startup services as needed; coordinates network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer's IT Department personnel; works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for integration to their systems.
- Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Runs reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work (IE Commissioning Agents or test and balance contractors, others); participates in final inspection and testing; assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations.
- Completes and submits written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
- HS diploma or equivalent required.
- Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
- Successfully demonstrates thorough/ advanced knowledge of a technical or specialty area.
- Generally, 2 plus years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Previous Building Automation or DDC Controls experience.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.