Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 244838
Primary Location: United States-California-Hayward
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Building Technologies is searching for an experienced Client Service Manager (CSM) to support our automation and mechanical services business for one of our larger clients. The CSM is our single-source contact between our client and Siemens internal operations. The CSM creates customer loyalty to the Siemens brand by managing all service agreement deliverables for this very important customer.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Manage internal resources to exceed customer expectations while ensuring all contractual scope work is completed on time and within estimates and budgets.
- Complete multi-year maintenance (work) planning and scheduling utilizing customer interface, contractual documents, equipment operational manuals, personal site or equipment experience, known Siemens capabilities, and Siemens-provided software tools.
- Interface and communicate with our customers for Customer Loyalty and Quality Assurance activities. Communicate progress/status internally; create and execute improvement plans based on customer feedback.
- Perform or manage customer knowledge/training activities to improve product, equipment, or site understanding.
- Manage financial aspects of our service contract agreements ensuring continued profitability and cost containment for Siemens while ensuring that our customers perceive the value of the services we provide.
- Manage the contract renewal process end-to-end for stationary or stable year-over-year customers. Assist the Customer Sales Executive in the contract renewal process for large or growing customers.
- Provide cost viability approvals for estimated new or renewed service agreements.
- Manage billing and collection activities for the service agreements managed, as well as assist in the collection of other service activities such as Time & Material or Project work.
- Collaborate with our customers to consistently match known Siemens product and service capabilities with their business and facility needs
- Estimate, present, and attain customer approvals for automation or mechanical equipment repairs (Time & Material work).
- Estimate, propose, present, and attain customer approval for Moves, Adds, Changes, or Upgrades of automation or mechanical systems. (Project Work)
- Estimate, propose, present, and attain customer approval for Service Contract renewals of smaller automation or mechanical systems. (Service Agreements)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam
- Required experience: Three years of building technologies contract management, project management, or construction management experience—or building technologies/mechanical services experience with demonstrable aptitude to be a successful client service manager.
- Required travel: 5%
- Other requirements:
- Proficient in the use of a Business Software application such as Oracle, SAP or other (managing financial and / or equipment maintenance applications)
- Proficient in the use of standard business applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel), custom estimating platforms, customer loyalty applications or other service-related tools.
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills in English
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and be must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the Siemens vehicle plan.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Preferred experience: Project management experience and the ability to collaborate in a team environment.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.