Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 244842
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Horsham
Other Locations: United States-Delaware-, United States-Vermont-, United States-New York-, United States-New Hampshire-, United States-Virginia-, United States-Maine-, United States-Maryland-, United States-Massachusetts-, United States-Connecticut-, United States-Pennsylvania-
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 50%
As the Field Service Project Manager, you will be a client facing representative during a project, and responsible for all phases of Field Service Projects including sales, planning/coordination and commercial management for the repair, revamp, installation and modernization of Dresser-Rand and non-nameplate equipment. The PM reviews the specs, RFQ and SOW to bid the project using the D-R Tracker. In addition, as a project manager you will obtain necessary approvals and updates salesforce opportunities, and works closely with the client manager. The PM books the project with PDMT and executes the project through the closing of the project following and documenting progress and finances. He is responsible for all client communications and keeps the FSM and Branch Managers up to date on progress for each project. Change orders and Extra work are documented using the tracker and costs are properly tracked using the Cost Tracker.
We are seeking your creative thinking abilities to handle certain situations and deal with different levels of people and need to be able to communicate on each level.
This position will primarily be supporting FS Project in the ATL-North branch & must reside in one of the following Northeast states (ME, NH, VT, MA, CT, RI, NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA, WV).
- Sell, plan, coordinate and manage Field Service projects for the repair, revamp, installation of D-R and non-nameplate equipment worldwide.
- In charge of total D-R coordination to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction with our services and equipment.
- Complete ownership of Field Service projects
- Quote projects:
- Site walk downs with the Account Manager during bidding phase
- Develops bids and puts tracker together
- Obtains Approvals as needed to submit Proposal to the Account Manager for client submission
- Negotiate with clients on projects regarding job scope and pricing
- Initiate project manpower requirements, tooling requirements, and PO’s to suppliers (internal and external)
- Manage project costs and margins. Communicate with client during project, relative to costs and job progress, organizes timesheets
- Creates, Reviews and/or submits field service reports
- Collect project daily report information, assessments, repair reports from Repair Center, Field Service Reps and Repair Center where applicable. Gets the certificate of completion signed by the customer
- Develops schedules for project
- Coordinates closing the project
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High School Diploma
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- 2 years of direct project management experience
- Ability to travel up to 50 % and work OT as needed
- Ability to work with hourly personnel and customers effectively (union and non-union crews)
- Technical and creative problems solving skills
- Technical knowledge of Rotating Equipment, Reciprocating Compressors, Gas Compressor Engines & Steam Turbines, Centrifugal Compressors
- Motivated, dynamic & industrious with "can-do" attitude
- Personable & professional appearance
- Travel up to 50% (Domestic/International)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.