Business Unit: Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 244850
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
As a Senior Consultant (O&G & Business Development) you provide guidance for Siemens O&G to create a profitable leader in O&G industry based on Rotating, Electrical, Automation and Digital DNA. Lead within Strategy department long term business strategies, regionalization, M&A and Technology initiatives, … present and align those with the Executive Management and drive the implementation in the business unit. This role reports to the Head of GP O&G ST BD.
- Prepare long term business unit strategy and its growth levers
- Review of key performance indicators and strategic plan, including implementation, targets and deep dives of strategic issues
- Get alignment and buy-in from executive management
- Define, align and validate M&A opportunities and support respective M&A activities (i.e. generate p-proposals, support i-applications)
· Prepare O&G Business Development strategies and implementation plans to drive the organizational growth
- Develop, align and guide the implementation of business development strategies to close and create the gap to our competitors
- Align, verify and incorporate market, competitor, product and regional marketing information, such as win loss information in the development of the strategies in cooperation with the strategy department and the BU functions such as PLM, Operations, Global Solutions.
· Support Marketing and Regional Marketing strategies and implementation plans to support the Business unit growth targets
· Manage ad hoc requests in short response times (from simple answers to complete analysis depending topic i.e. for Go-to-Market in O&G market segments)
· Provide strategic, operational and organizational recommendations for the future development of GP O&G Business segments (i.e. Portfolio, Go-to-Market, Operations)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Chemical, Petroleum,) in combination with Business Administration.
- 10+ years working within the Oil and Gas industry
- 5-10 years of experience in Strategy, Consulting or Business Development
- Demonstrated expertise in driving management Initiatives, Go-to-market models or Value Selling
- Industry knowledge in process & business fields of Oil & Gas (Up, Mid- and Downstream) with Rotating, Electrical, Automation & Digitalization background
- Experience in leading international teams - direct and indirect reporting lines - from different background and functions
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from multiple cultures, regions & ethics in international assignments and locations .
- MBA in Business Administration.
- Strong financial understanding and business plan modelling, preferably Master of Business Administration
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.