Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 244876
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is seeking an experienced Operations Manager to lead our growing Fire Solutions business in the Greater Los Angeles/Orange County market. This role is responsible for up to $15 million in revenue and 10 or more direct reports, including project managers, field technicians, and engineers.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
Lead growth and customer satisfaction, team development, and financial performance of assigned projects.
- Submit financial forecasting information monthly.
- Complete cost reviews with sales.
- Participate on job-walks and estimating.
- Prioritize schedules.
- Proactively forecast labor needs.
- Identify and support training-and-development for staff.
Provide technical support, expertise, leadership, and accountability for installed projects.
Coordinate start-up activity schedules with the Project Managers, Engineering Supervisors, and other Operations Managers to ensure correct staffing and correct abilities are provided to meet individual project schedules and commitments.
Develop labor schedules and project-loading to ensure contract completion in an efficient and profitable manner.
Participate in or facilitate representation for the Project Manager-to-Field Work Force Project Turnovers, and the Solutions-to-Service Project Turnovers.
Maintains and improves planned and executed margins for Solutions projects.
Provide technical and operational support for the sales teams including proper pricing and scope of work definition for service agreement and solutions/service project opportunities. Communicate regularly with customers through all phases of the service work we perform for them. Build and maintain an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth.
Manage or advise on hiring, training-and-development, allocation, and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility. Assist branch with training and development of operations personnel including training on use of financial reports.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam required. (Bachelor's Degree in Project / Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, or related field preferred.)
- Required travel: 5%
- Required experience: Five years of experience in the Fire & Life Safety industry, including two years of management experience.
- Other requirements:
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings.
- Must have knowledge of the appropriate codes and standards which govern design and operating requirements.
- Must be able to provide leadership and input to others as requested or required to assist in the accurate estimation, design, installation, start up, commissioning, and training for fire & life safety systems.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of scheduling software, Microsoft Office (including Access and Excel) and MS Project 2013.
- Must have strong verbal and written skills in English.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing and be 21 years old to participate in the required Siemens Vehicle Program.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without needing current or future sponsorship.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.