Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 244897
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Mount Laurel
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: No
Siemens is seeking a Senior Fire Alarm Inspector to support some of our top clients in the Philadelphia Area. This position is responsible for providing visual and functional inspections on fire alarm systems to comply with NFPA 72 Standards as well as state and local codes. The inspector also is responsible for completing accurate documentation of all tests performed, Joint Commission reports, and deficiency repair recommendations. Tasks also include performing minor repairs and will be required to participate in after-hours on-call rotation.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Responsible for the execution of any inspection with adherence to NFPA 25 & 72 test methods as well as local codes enforced by the AHJ.
- Meets customer expectations while performing quality inspections.
- Maintains communication with Client Service Manager and Service Operations Supervisor.
- Must be compliant with Company policies and local branch decisions.
- Maintains vehicle truck stock, expense reporting, and time-sheet entries.
- Completes Inspection & Testing Reports and Joint Commission Reports accurately and delivers to customer with minimal to no errors. Inputs, retrieves, and archives inspection documentation via assigned laptop computer. Makes minor repairs when authorized.
- Completes assigned inspections on time; Calls in for service when job is completed ahead of time.
- Maintains professional and timely communication with customers to assure problem resolution.
- Is conscience of job hazards and able to enforce safety policies.
- Organizes and effectively utilizes technical resources, information, material, and team-support to assure efficient execution of all assigned tasks.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Required education: High School Diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required experience: Two years of experience in service or inspections in the fire alarm industry.
- Required travel: 5%
- Other requirements:
- Must have working knowledge of fire alarm panels, devices, and auxiliary outputs. Strong working knowledge of local and national NFPA codes governing life safety systems.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- NICET Level I in Fire Alarm or Inspection & Testing of Fire Alarm Systems
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekends and holidays as well as alternative shifts or work nights when required.
- Must have excellent communications skills (written and verbal) in English, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Preferred education: AC/DC or Electronics schooling.
- Other preferences:
- Working knowledge of fire pump, VESDA equipment, sensitivity testing equipment, DB meter, multi-meter.
- Proficiency in fire alarm circuitry, associated low voltage systems, and basic fire alarm maintenance capabilities is a plus.
- Experience and knowledge of sprinkler systems, fire alarm circuitry, and fire alarm inspection frequency/test method is preferred.
- NICET I or NICET II certification in fire alarm systems.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.