Business Unit: Power Generation Operations
Requisition Number: 244947
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
As a Procurement Specialist you will be involved in developing very complex buying strategies to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of supplies and materials needed for an electricity power plant.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Expedite as needed and serve as liaison between vendors and users.
- Resolve very complex delivery, quality or other related problems with purchase and invoices.
- Develop project plans and purchasing systems
- Review and analyze requisitions and supply plans for domestic and international purchases.
- Negotiate prices, terms and quality requirements
- Develop requests for quotes and develop new supply sources
- Evaluate market conditions
- Guide value analysis to identify cost improvements
- Develop cost saving proposals including make-versus-buy analysis
- Alternative sourcing and vendor evaluation criteria
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of experience in related field and successful demonstration
- Comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of complex assignments.
- Advanced understanding of concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
- Significant knowledge of organizations business practices
- Evaluate and contribute problem resolution
- Advance negotiations experience within purchasing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Power point)
- Travel up to 10% (Domestic/International)
- Master's Degree where applicable.
- Independent work skills
- Knowledge of SAP software
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.