Business Unit: Digital Services
Requisition Number: 244952
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Princeton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Statistician.
Provides statistical expertise for the
Siemens Healthineers, Digital Technology & Innovation (DTI) division of
Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc. in Princeton, NJ. The successful candidate must demonstrate excellent domain knowledge,
strong teamwork skills, resourcefulness, and the ability to work effectively
within a matrixed organization. This position is based in Princeton,
NJ, and includes communication and interaction with several Siemens
Healthineers business units.
- Analyzes technical and business challenges to be solved, develops analytical models, evaluates alternatives and identifies solutions.
- Collaborates with Research Scientists as an active co-investigator for research studies to ensure that the appropriate statistical models are designed and developed for software as a Medical Device (SaMD).
- Optimizes the design, analysis, interpretation of results and conclusions for (clinical) research related studies and trials.
- Evaluates the statistical methods and procedures used to obtain data to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Deploys a range of scientific, mathematical, computational and/or data analysis methods for developing technologies.
- Develops and documents input on relevant sections of research and analytical protocols including sample size determination/justification, randomization plans, statistical analysis plans, etc.
- Documents and maintains a process for developing statistical analysis plans and applying the appropriate models per the study design.
- Supports regulatory submissions to the FDA and other worldwide regulatory authorities.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- MS degree in statistics, biostatistics or related major with 8+ years of experience required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with clinical trial design and analysis activities and basic knowledge of regulatory guidelines (FDA/CFR, ICH/GCP).
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to process scientific and medical data as part of medical device research studies.
- Strong working knowledge of statistical data analysis and data management principles.
- Excellent knowledge of statistical programming
- Solid professional judgment and problem-solving competence.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills, and the ability to collaborate effectively with others, and communicate technical concepts clearly, concisely, and understandably to non-statistical colleagues.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.