Business Unit: Service Power Generation
Requisition Number: 244957
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Mount Pleasant
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 75%
NDE (Non-Destructive Examination) Service Technician
Mount Pleasant, PA
Siemens Energy Fossil Services - A Global Network of Innovation
Our Siemens facility is located east of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It is home to Siemens Energy Fossil Service's - Specialty Field Services (Turbine and Generator Specialty Services, TGSS). From this location (and with team members located across the world) we perform major repairs, upgrades, maintenance and inspection on the Siemens, Parsons, Westinghouse and Allis Chalmers turbine and generator fleet. Our Team can perform almost any major service offered by the factory and service can be performed at a customer site.
We have a need for a skilled NDE (Non-Destructive Examination) Technician. Our field NDE technician travels and provides nondestructive inspection services at power plant sites across the Americas including the United States, Canada, Central and South America.
• Support the inspection of combustion turbines, steam turbines and generators as well as balance of plant equipment such as heat exchangers and piping at our customer power plants
• Travel (up to 75% annually for this position) to Combustion Turbine and Steam Turbine sites and perform field NDE Inspections per Siemens requirements
• Support outage field inspection activities through the application of inspection systems and procedures.
• Be Siemens eyes and ears for engineering, modification, parts, and repair opportunities.
• Assist in the development of NDE applications for use in the field.
• Stay current with technology & certifications - investigate new NDE technologies.
• Be the liaison with Siemens and Customer teams during outages.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Associates degree in Nondestructive Testing from an accredited commercial or military NDE college.
• Certifiable to ASNT NDT Level II or III Certification in VT, MT, PT, UT and ET methods.
• Minimum of 5 years of NDE related work experience.
• Interpersonal skills associated with a customer facing role.
• Computer skills with proficiency in using Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Well-developed oral and written communications skills; able to clearly and concisely express information (or data) to non-technical associates, peers, customers and management.
• Must be self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups.
• Strong attention to detail and desire to deliver the highest quality service in a safe and efficient manner.
• Flexibility to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities for multiple projects or assignments
• Demonstrated ability to work within teams - discuss ideas, make recommendations and help to reach team consensus to move forward
• Innovative, creative, willing to share and explore new ideas.
• Candidates can live ANYWHERE USA but must live within a 1-hour drive of a major airport.
• Must be able to pass extended background check for unescorted access to Nuclear power facilities.
• Must be able to travel domestic and international up to 75% of the time
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Knowledge related to the inspection of turbine / generator components
• Current NDE certifications or training in IR
• Phased array UT, automated NDE, or remote visual inspection experience
• Piping inspection experience
• Proficient in Adobe Acrobat Standard
• AWS CWI Credentials
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.