Business Unit: Power Generation Operations
Requisition Number: 244978
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
The manufacturing industry is facing its largest transformation process. And we want to ensure the industry’s success in the future. To do so, we need forward-thinkers who have an eye for the bigger picture; and clever minds looking for answers. Help us get the manufacturing industry ready for “Industry 4.0.”
The Charlotte Combustion Hot Gas Parts Manufacturing organization is seeking a dynamic manufacturing professional with skills and vision to help us build a better tomorrow. You will be working with a team of manufacturing, quality, design and service engineers, as well as interfacing with shop floor personnel, to develop and create robust manufacturing processes to introduce new unit and repair products into the Charlotte factory.
We need a driver who can:
• Engage and interact with a team of manufacturing and design engineers in developing and qualifying new products and processes in a production environment.
• Develop and document standard processes and instruct and train shop floor personnel on the use of the fixtures, tooling, and equipment.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
We look for the following to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or related field
• 2+ years of manufacturing experience or equivalent experience
• Ability to interpret complex drawings and specifications, including a solid understanding of GD&T.
• Attention to detail/multitasking.
• Focus on quality and continuous improvement.
• Record keeping of tests and changes for qualifications and approval process.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
You will move to the top of the pack if you have:
• Knowledge of Siemens NX, Teamcenter and SAP preferred.
• CNC machining, programming and fixture design.
• Thermal barrier and wear coating applications and robotic programming.
• Nickel based alloy forming and fabrication (welding and brazing).
• Additive Manufacturing.
• Non-destructive inspection techniques.
• Fixture design.
• Basic statistics.
• Lean manufacturing experience.
• Project management.
• Root Cause and Preventive Action methods.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed.
Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we would like to meet you.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.