Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 244979
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 30%
The ideal candidate will be someone with an exceptionally strong fire alarm system background and be able to fulfill all the required duties of a Fire Alarm Installation Technician
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- This candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, have exceptional computer skills, and have a strong sense of self reliance.
Must possess the ability to install, program and troubleshoot complex networked
fire alarm/mass notification systems with limited or no supervision.
- May require some overtime hours at night, on weekends and at a moment’s notice for emergency calls.
- Exceptional work ethic and attention to detail
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
One (1) to three (3) years fire alarm industry experience with training and a
High School diploma
- National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET), Fire Alarm Systems, Level I or the ability to obtain Level I certification within one year of employment.
- Extensive knowledge of NFPA 72, NEC, Fire Alarm System Theory, OSHA Requirements, and Industry Standards for Fire Alarm systems installation.
- Exceptional ability to trouble shoot circuitry and equipment, understanding of blue prints and wiring schematics, extensive capability creating redline drawings for as-built preparation. - Will be required to work in the field with hand tools along side lower level technicians.
- Experience with a variety of system manufacturers including Siemens, Notifier, Edwards, Gamewell, Honeywell, Firelite, etc.
- Ability to operate various types of test equipment
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid
Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
All employees receive Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.