Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 245013
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-Saint Louis
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
We are about what buildings make possible
We spend 90 percent of our lives in buildings. At Siemens, we believe that everything people do in life deserves a perfect place to do it
This field-based position provides expertise and knowledge throughout the system or service project lifecycle on site. Utilizing existing tools, standards, and procedures, the Engineering Specialist provides estimating, designing, tracking and project management of standard jobs. This role acts as a technical resource to the team and customer as needed.
· Attends pre-booking meetings to gain knowledge of the sales estimate and project scope.
· Analyzes plans, specifications, and contracts to determine system requirements.
· Participates in Design of fire detection and security systems and verifies documentation produced by a Drafter.
· Verifies the sales estimate for equipment requirements and system design and configuration.
· Verifies all labor and equipment costs associated with system projects prepared in the branch.
· Ensures the implementation and utilization of the Engineering Best Practices.
· Develops drawings, wiring diagrams, operating instructions, system programming, sequence of operations and assembly or installation instruction for the installation and commissioning of systems.
· Ensures technical accuracy, content, assembly, and coordination of technical submittals to architects, engineers, and authorities having jurisdiction. Maintains records relating to the design, installation, programming, and commissioning of the systems designed.
· Maintains library of technical information and other related data pertaining to all fire codes and standards, other local codes, and all systems available to the branch.
· Provides technical service to customer Fire Safety systems including technical support during the installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems.
· Coordinates with contractors in the process of installation of systems sold by a branch office.
· Identifies code issues and non-conformance issues. Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities.
· Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team. Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
· Provides support to Project Manager on strategic Projects, and or manage projects independently.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: Bachelor's Degree.
- Required experience: 5+ years of experience in the installation and maintenance of Fire Safety Products.
- Required travel: 10%
- Other requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Word, Excel and Outlook software programs
o Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
o Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
o Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
o NICET 2 Fire Alarm Certification preferred