Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 245038
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Louisville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
Rail Automation supplies railway
markets the world over with solutions and turnkey installations for railway
automation and telecommunication.
Our customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways all around the world as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and megacities.
Our products and systems are used for automating our customers' operations management processes and thus make a considerable contribution to improving their economic situation in particular and mobility in general.
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come build your career in one of the best companies in the world!
The Business Process Analyst plans, performs, and implements process improvement initiatives (such as Lean or Six Sigma). Diagrams and evaluates existing processes. Organizes, leads, and facilitates cross-functional project teams. Develops metrics that provide data for process measurement, identifying root cause of problems.
Measures performance against process requirements. Aligns improvement to performance shortfalls. Provides consultation on the use of re-engineering techniques to improve process performance and product quality. May deliver presentations and training courses including measurement, analysis, improvement and control. Surveys and analyzes best practices for techniques and processes. Communicates team progress. Performs cost and benefit analysis.
• Develop, recommend, and implement cost savings ideas.
• Perform time studies and line balancing using knowledge and skills.
• Executes continuous improvement idea projects with minimal supervision.
• Lead 5S Blitz Teams on a weekly basis to develop model cells.
• Develop standard work documentation.
• Maintain rolling action item list and ensure action items are completed.
• Assist and facilitate Kaizen events, as required.
• Conducts ergonomic analysis of work spaces.
• Provides training, as required, on lean principles and programs.
• Uses AutoCAD to develop facility layout improvement scenarios.
• Participate in lean analytical assessments.
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines when working with multiple, simultaneous Kaizen events.
• Ability to independently establish new procedures and approaches to problems.
• Take initiative as problems and opportunities arise by anticipating and meeting customer needs and company expectations.
• Communicate technical and complex concepts to ensure that they are well understood - will interact with Production Workers, Plant Managers and Operations Director.
• Act as a role model and adviser to junior members of the team to facilitate learning, consistency, and technical depth of the team.
• Bachelors Degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or a related field.
• 5-10 years experience working as a lean facilitator or Green Belt or related experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD.
• Experience with workspace layout, ergonomic studies, and lean manufacturing.
• Ability to work a professional work schedule with non-regular hours, as required.
• Visual and manual dexterity to perform daily computer functions.
• Ideal candidate can use Engineering experience to solve complex challenges and can lead teams to implementing solutions.
• Ideal candidate should excel at building relationships and selling the importance of Business Excellence/Continuous Improvement - be both passionate and aggressive at how the work is approached.
• Ability to work in and around an office environment, but also be comfortable in 'rolling up your sleeves' on the production floor.
Guides the analysis of existing methods to promote effective operations through standardization, improvement, simplification, discontinuance, or other methods. Develops recommendations for business processes that ensure alignment with strategic direction; integrates business processes between multiple organizations. Guides the coordination of business process changes, implement system solutions.
BS/BA in related discipline such as Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of complex assignments. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization. Demonstrates significant knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues. Typically 8-10 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
Provides specialized guidance or train support and/or professional staff. Leadership qualities and role model qualities demonstrated.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.