Business Unit: Large Drives Applications
Requisition Number: 245062
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Develops and executes plans for material control to ensure safe delivery of goods to stock room, proper identification of goods, and timely release of materials to production. Oversee stock room operations, the Kanban process, Tugger routes, and receiving function. Maintains inventory accuracy and avoids material shortages to production. Drives continuous improvement within material control to main improve current processes, improve material presentation to production, and optimize internal material flow.
Supervise hourly and /or non-exempt administrative or technical employees.
• Supervise and assign daily work responsibilities to staff of 12-20 hourly employees.
• Successfully define work flows, jobs, and reporting relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness.
• Ensure all safety requirements for both OSHA and site specific are adhered to.
• Evaluate and recommend changes in methods or procedures in own area of responsibility.
• Create, sustain and audit standard work.
• Coordinate material deliveries with Production and Production Control to ensure timely delivery of materials to all production areas.
• Collaborate with internal customers to improve material presentation to production.
• Manage and achieve successful annual exemption testing.
• Lead all requirements of annual physical inventory for facility.
• Manage cycle count process (95% Accuracy).
• Oversee Receiving function and responsible for resolving discrepancies.
• Manage and improve delivered un-issued parts.
• Manage the obsolete and sell back scrap process.
• Identify resource needs and develop justification.
• Support Shop Floor Management processes.
• Develop and maintain efficient communication process between shifts.
(Hand off from 1st shift to 2nd shift supervision.)
• Maintain Department KPIs.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience
5-8 years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above.
Experience working within SAP MM and PP modules, preferred experience with warehouse management within SAP.
Experienced in Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Prior Lean business training and experience driving Lean business principles into process improvements.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.