Business Unit: Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 245091
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
In this exciting role, you will design, develop and maintain the small gas turbine packaging solutions for the oil and Gas market. This role primarily covers the auxiliary systems for the gas turbine complete train, including compression and generator applications.
You will be expert on fuel, oil, air, seal, wash, acoustic, filtration, gears, starter and base frame systems. New solutions will be developed, existing systems maintained, and support given to internal stakeholders.
This position will report to the head of product development
- Leading the development of new product requirement specifications, product definition specifications, concept design, basic design and detail design specifications.
- Provide engineering expertise to the small team of multi discipline engineers as well as external resources utilized for development work.
- Provide technical bid support for the application of development programs
- Meet key performance indicators for both technical solutions and commercial targets
- Implementing both corrective and preventative actions in relation to shop and field faults
- Technical review for new supplier development
- Assessment of new technologies that can support our business goals
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- 10+ years working in the Oil and Gas Industry. Advanced degree may substitute for work experience
- Experience in design to cost and packaging of rotating equipment
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Ability to direct a small team and give general direction to others
Excellent coordination skills, the ability to motivate and collaborate with the team, groups (utilizing his/her professional expertise).
Encourages others and copes well with pressure and drives to continuously improves the WHAT, the HOW and the WHY for business initiatives.
Ability to work effectively with individuals from multiple cultures, regions & ethics in international assignments and locations
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Engineering/PLM software Teamcenter, NX, E3, COMOS, and/or Jira
- Computer skills (Pivot Tables, VBA or other programming language)
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with the Siemens product development process (PDP)
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.