Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 245092
Primary Location: United States-Utah-Sandy
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
Performs job start up, checkout, and troubleshooting for assigned projects. Provides guidance to contractors at the assigned level of responsibility.
- Perform End-to-End verification of I/O.
- Perform configuration, optimization, and troubleshooting of systems.
- Perform network setup and troubleshooting (IP, RS-485, etc.)
- Implement graphical user interface (GUI).
- Support Third Party Commissioning efforts.
- Perform wiring checkout and automation start-ups using provided software and tools.
- Complete adjustments and calibrations and submits commissioning reports on automation systems.
- Complete startup of typical systems.
- Operate PC workstations, user interfaces, IP networking devices.
- Perform software and hardware troubleshooting.
- Effective management of time.
- Maintain detailed and accurate documentation.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum: HS Diploma with relevant experience.
- Required experience: 2+ years electrical / electronic experience
- Required amount of travel: 5-10%
- Required knowledge/skills:
- Understanding of Low Voltage Control Systems, Electromechanical Devices, and Mechanical Systems
- Comfort in a Construction Environment
- Basic understanding of IP Networking
- Ability to adapt quickly to new software and interfaces.
- Comfortable in most aspects of computer operation.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Preferred: 2 or 4 year degree
- Preferred knowledge/skills:
- Previous Experience with Projects (Scope/Size/Type)
- IP Networking Exposure
- Basic Electrical Troubleshooting
- Exposure to Engineered Documents (Submittals, Specifications, Blueprints)
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.