Business Unit: Large Drives Applications
Requisition Number: 245182
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
How can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our team as a Motor Tester (3 Phase) where you perform complex mechanical and electrical testing of 3 phase electric motors. (Motors range in size of 200 HP thru 20000 HP) You will be testing to ensure the manufacturability, quality, and safety requirements are attainable in the motor test process. In this role you will be responsible to ensure accuracy and availability of complex procedures to support product modifications and testing. As the tester operator you will perform complex testing for the Large Drives product line. You will be assigned to work on 2nd shift position at our Norwood, OH facility. You will become a member of the collective bargaining union and will train on either 1st or 2nd shift.
What are your responsibilities?
- Interpret drawings, specifications, work center and manufacturing methods.
- Measure and record dimensions using measuring equipment related to processes.
- Perform and sign off on all QA and test operations using quality/computer programs.
- Follow appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direction from supervisor.
- Must meet all physical job requirements.
- Adhere to all outlined section and operational processes and procedures.
- Ensure motor matches the accompanying drawings and documentation
- Measure motor auxiliaries for proper resistance or state indication
- Measure and perform operation checks on motor auxiliary equipment
- Measure motor stator resistance and insulation resistance.
- Use any and all equipment necessary to test motor, example (multimeter, meggar, hipot, PLC,HMI, computer, data collection, power analyzer
- Ability to operate generators, transformers, variable speed drives
- Ability to work safely with 120 volts thru 13800 volts
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-4 Two years of electrical training or equivalent professional experience.
- 4-6 years of manufacturing experience
- Knowledge and experience in the manufacturing and testing of large 3 phase electric motors.
What other knowledge/skills and experience will assist you in this role?
- Knowledge and experience in the manufacturing and testing of large 3 phase electric motors. Understanding of Lean principles and practices.
- Knowledge and experience of Total Productive Maintenance systems.
- Read and Interpret Blueprints.
- Knowledge of machine finishes and runout.
- Understand tolerances, both Metric and Standard measurement systems.
- Experience with various types of measuring equipment: Micrometers, Calipers, Thread gauges, etc.
- Knowledge of special test equipment: Potential Transformers, Current Transformer, Torque Transducers, Vibration Transducers etc.
- Experience with AC/DC generators, switch gear, variable speed drives, PLCs, HMIs .
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.