Business Unit: Large Drives Applications
Requisition Number: 245188
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges,
strengthening their competitiveness. For more information, please visit:
How can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for
dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join
our team as a Rotor Assembler where you be responsible for assembly of laminated Rotor
Core used in electric motors.
What are your responsibilities?
- Perform all necessary Rotor Core building operations per drawing, Manufacturing Methods and work center instructions.
- Insert the shaft into the core and weld.
- Insert copper bars into the rotor core.
- Prepare rotor assembly for grinding and balancing (benching). This includes slot, clean, drill and taps holes, assemble rings and fans.
- Efficiently perform all operations necessary to insure core conforms to visual and functional customer requirements to drawing and/or specifications.
- Move cores from staging area to the next workstation.
- Check all materials and verify all relative information on core, dispose of all trash and scrap in designated containers.
- Visually inspect and accept or reject cores for material defects, etc
- Demonstrated ability to move and transport material using crane or hand truck.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Have the physical ability to perform work required
- The ability to read and understand all drawings and bill of materials related to Rotor core assemblies.
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to operate various
powered hand tools – (drills, grinders, impact drivers, etc.)
What other knowledge or experience will help you qualify for this role?
- Prior experience in a machining environment.
- Experience operating manual or CNC machine tools.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.