Business Unit: Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 245211
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
As the Lead LNG Process Engineer, you will be the project focal point for all areas of process engineering to ensure that the project is executed according to agreed budgets, schedules and design requirements.
The LNG Process Engineer will:
- Co-ordinate all the process design engineering functions to meet the objectives of the project.
- Be responsible for the detail design development of LNG liquefaction licensors, Siemens engineering centers as well as external consultants.
Your Responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for the design, quality, technical content and integrity for the Process Engineering
- Responsible for personal safety and working within the environmental, health and safety procedures of the organization and project. Demonstrate visible leadership and commitment to excellent HSSE performance
- Ensure process engineering deliverables comply with the project design and operation philosophies established in the design basis.
- Participate in HAZIDs, HAZOP’s, SIL reviews, design workshops and risk assessments as required.
- Ensure and perform effective scope and change management.
- Ensure design integrity and technical excellence of Liquefaction and Refrigeration design of LNG facilities.
- Evaluate bid Packages and technical support for all relevant design data, vendor data and operational information.
- Responsible for leading others in the development of heat and material balance, process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams.
- Responsible for leading others in the development of system design parameters, and design or rating of equipment such as heat exchangers, vessels, towers, etc. Provide technical guidance on complex design issues requiring independent analysis or judgment
- Provide the basic operation philosophy and control concept of the LNG liquefaction and refrigeration process and support preparation of Operation Procedures and performance test procedures.
- Provide leadership for effective design review and coordination with partner companies, licensors, vendors, and subcontractors to ensure proper and complete integration within the project plan.
- Undertake a review of previous lessons learned, and ensure relevant lessons learned are incorporated into the design.
- Develops process simulations for complex units, updates and modifies process simulation models.
- Initiates and optimizes cost effective process and system designs.
- Develops and performs process studies to support the selection among design alternatives, includes economics and financial criteria in decision.
- Interprets and verifies industry standards, guidelines and codes for project deliverables.
- Prepares technical reports related to specific design issues.
- Performs process improvement studies, performance optimization, incident investigations, economic evaluations, technical audits and safety studies.
- Provides support during construction to ensure site technical queries, non-conformances, concession requests are properly resolved.
- Evaluates requests for deviations or exemptions to the established specifications and project standards.
- Provides leadership in addressing process design issues with considerations of cost, schedule, and quality.
- Performs economic evaluations of equipment alternatives with particular emphasis on availability and reliability projections and life cycle costs.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Requirements/Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- 15 years process engineering experience in oil / gas or petrochemical industry
- 5 years of LNG process engineering experience in an EPC environment.
- Strong experience in all aspects of process engineering from conceptual design, economics, detailed engineering, and plant startup and troubleshooting
- Experience with commissioning, start-up and performance testing at project sites is a plus.
- Multi-discipline understanding in process engineering, DCS/PLC controls, process safety and equipment design.
- Experience with LSTK projects in an EPC environment.
- Knowledge of LNG technologies and experience working with LNG technology licensors.
- Familiar with the hazards of hydrocarbon processes, cryogenic services and the methods used to keep process facilities safe.
- Strong understanding of key equipment involved in LNG liquefaction facilities including main cryogenic heat exchangers, refrigerant compressors, electrical motor drivers, air coolers and safety systems.
- Effective computer skills; Microsoft Office software, and discipline specific software applications: HYSYS, Aspen Plus, Aspen Process Economic Analyzer or Aspen In-Plant Cost Estimator
- Skilled in the application of relevant major design codes and standards (API, NFPA, etc)
- Knowledge of equipment dynamics, hydraulic and heat transfer analysis, testing and auditing to interface with technical specialists in these areas.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work successfully.
- Travel up to 30% domestic/international
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.