Business Unit: Legal & Compliance
Requisition Number: 245216
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Doctorate Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
For more information, please visit: www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Counsel – Commercial Solutions
This is an opportunity for a highly motivated commercial and transactional health care attorney, who will be responsible for providing timely and effective regional legal support and counseling to Sales and Finance for diagnostic imaging, service, laboratory diagnostics and point of care product sales. In doing so, the Counsel will, among other things, negotiate and draft complex, commercial agreements regarding the sale of highly-complex medical devices and related products, solutions and services and advise on related regulatory and risk management matters.
The Counsel – Commercial Solutions will report directly to the Vice President, Legal – Commercial Solutions.
Essential Job Functions
· Work in conjunction with colleagues to support the delivery of legal services related to Siemens Healthineers broad & expanding portfolio of medical devices and services, including offerings in diagnostic imaging, service, laboratory diagnostics, advanced therapies, molecular diagnostics & services, and point of care product sales.
· Draft, review, and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements to meet business and legal requirements, including sales, group purchasing agreements, business associate agreements, distribution, confidentiality agreements and requests for proposals.
· Collaborate with sales, marketing, finance, and other departments to analyze business, regulatory and legal contract terms.
· Assist in the management of contract documentation flow, approvals, reporting and archiving consistent with internal processes.
· Actively counsel the senior sales and field finance staff members on commercial law, healthcare regulations, fraud & abuse, privacy (including data privacy) and related topics.
· Prepare and conduct training of sales, field finance and other personnel on commercial law, regulatory matters, Siemens Healthineers’ templates and other relevant topics.
· Develop creative and compliant solutions to resolve complicated business challenges and customer disputes.
· Educate and guide business partners with regard to key commercial, competition, data privacy and significant regulatory considerations.
· Negotiate with key customers, partners, suppliers, vendors and government agencies.
· Provide ongoing counseling regarding (and efficient implementation of) various corporate policies, initiatives and/or programs.
· Cooperate across corporate business units and departments and throughout a large group of affiliated companies to achieve optimal results while minimizing risk.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Proven ability to independently lead and execute all facets of challenging engagements with highest integrity and ethics – from preliminary/conceptual advice, through structuring, negotiating, drafting, closing, and any subsequent conflict resolution.
· Highly polished and effective negotiation, communication, listening and drafting skills, including those suitable for interaction with senior managers and executive leadership within a global and matrixed organization and with senior management of key customers.
· Expertise in U.S. healthcare legal and regulatory environment.
· Fluency with the regulatory environments, including anti-kickback laws, fraud and abuse statutes, and privacy laws applicable to medical device manufacturers.
· Demonstrated skill in working collaboratively with multiple teams simultaneously, some of whom may be located outside of the U.S.
· Proven ability to identify and initiate needed actions and follow-up.
· Innovation in design and delivery of legal strategies and solutions to support ever-evolving business objectives.
· Experience with monitoring and improving processes through ongoing optimization efforts, technology enhancements, and business partner feedback.
· Willingness and ability to travel domestically and, from time-to-time, internationally.
· Minimum of 4 years of corporate and commercial law experience in a well-regarded law firm or in-house legal department with a respected healthcare company.
· U.S. law degree (J.D.) required.
· Admitted to practice law in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (or ability to obtain Pennsylvania Limited In-House Corporate Counsel License).
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.