Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 245266
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is seeking an experienced Fire Alarm Service Operations Supervisor for our Fire Alarm Service Team in Austin TX. This supervisory position leads our team of specialists and technicians that support our customers throughout Austin, Waco, and Temple TX.
Supervises the activities and performance of Service Automation Specialists.
- Provides technical support, expertise, leadership, and accountability for maintenance, service calls and projects.
- Provides direct employee mentorship, and is responsible for employee development within their group. Promotes, provides training for, and ensures implementation of division productivity tools.
- Actively coordinates service schedules with the Project Managers and Operations Managers to ensure correct staffing and correct abilities are provided to meet individual project schedules and commitments.
- Participates in or facilitates representation for the Project Manager to Field Work Force Project Turnovers, and the Service to Solutions Project Turnovers.
- Plans and justifies manpower, staffing requirements, tools, and other appropriate investments for effective and timely execution of assigned work. Provides monthly project estimates and assists in monthly forecasting. Ensures proper job management and cost control by reviewing project financial statements with Project Managers and Operations Managers.
- Maintains and improves planned and executed margins for Service Projects and Contracts.
- Directs and supervises the development of project startup and commissioning plans and the use of those plans in the monitoring and control of progress in the execution of the work. Reviews customer feedback and ensures high customer satisfaction.
- Develops manpower schedules and loading to ensure contract and project compliance. Maintains timely communications and harmonious relationships between engineering, operations, and sales so that project details, discrepancies and changes can be coordinated to minimize cost and delay throughout the estimating, bidding, and operations phases of projects and service agreements.
- Builds and maintains an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth. Manages or advises on hiring, training, development, allocation. and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility. Provides the tools, training and environment required to achieve employee success.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
Required travel: 10%
3+ years of experience, fire alarm code requirements necessary for plan review and inspection requirements/deficiencies.
2+ years of experience leading a team or in leading project execution.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Preferred education: Associates Degree in a technical field preferred
Project Management experience preferred.
Three years of Technical experience with the installation, troubleshooting, and inspecting fire alarm systems
NICET II - Fire Alarm Systems
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.