Business Unit: Building Products
Requisition Number: 245268
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Under general direction, provides technical product support for Building Automation Systems which meets customer requirements and needs in a timely manner. This role requires exceptional analytical, customer focus, and collaboration with the support team to triage and handle customer issues.
• Manages technical needs in Building Automation Systems and components installed by Siemens branch offices, Independent Field Offices and Dealers.
• Logs, tracks, troubleshoots, and resolves low to medium difficulty technical questions via telephone.
• Updates and maintains integrity of company knowledge database for common issues and their resolutions.
• Keeps knowledge current with new and existing company products, and troubleshooting systems and components installed by Siemens field offices, IFOs, and dealers.
• Completes all necessary internal training programs.
• Writes news articles for company monthly publications to field organization, and service bulletins for common problem/resolution.
• Provides after hours coverage (24/7) including working early, late, and on-call outside of normal business hours on a round robin schedule.
• May perform on-site travel, with higher-level engineers to troubleshoot issues with systems and components.
• Under the direction of a higher-level engineer, tests software and hardware patches and solutions provided from product development.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Hardware or Software Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent related experience.
• Up to 1 year Field Support Engineering experience or other related experience.
• This job is ideally suited for a recent graduate who has great technical skills, interacts well with others, and has effective communication skills.
• Must be able to provide after-hours coverage (24/7) including working early, late and on call outside of normal business hours on a round robin schedule.
• Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills and exceptional customer service skills necessary.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Proficiency with Microsoft Windows operating system and computer networking is a plus.
Proficiency in Spanish Language is a plus.