Business Unit: Transmission Products
Requisition Number: 245293
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Raleigh
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
HP Primary Engineer
The world never stands still. And new challenges arise every day. With passion for questioning things, for supplying ideas, and intelligently driving things forward we are helping society move towards a more intelligent future. Be it with technologies that reduce carbon emissions or in cities or hyperintelligent robots. This is how we are able to tackle the most important projects and push them forward together. Help us shape the future.
Siemens HP is located in the North Hills area of Raleigh, NC and is looking for a highly qualified and energetic Engineer to join TP GIS (Gas Insulated Switchgear) team. Within the Engineering team, you will be responsible for the primary scope of work throughout the entire project lifecycle. You will develop skills to provide engineering and technical expertise in this specific area, and work toward the ability to work with greater independence. In this dynamic role, you will ensure that the end result of design and manufacturing work is in accordance with contract specifications, functionality requirements, safety requirements, and applicable technical regulation. Additionally, you will get to drive key internal working relationships the Engineering Manager, Project Managers, Procurement and Sales.
We need a driver who can:
• Analyze customer’s technical specifications regarding the application of Siemens TP GIS equipment to design appropriate GIS-product mechanical and monitoring systems in a cost-effective and timely manner
• Based on skill level and project scope, work independently or with a design team (such as structural engineers, CAD operators, technicians, subcontractors or consultants) to create all documents for customer approval and manufacturing of mechanical and monitoring systems. Typical documents include: GIS plan, elevation and single line layout, control cable lists, grounding layout and parts list, camera system layout and parts list, cable tray layout and parts list.
• Maintain project profitability by scheduling own time to meet project needs
• Respond to clients’ requests and third-party coordination throughout project lifecycle to achieve objectives in a timely manner using observation, reports and meetings to assure proper integration of work procedures, project conformance, and utilization of personnel, equipment, and facilities.
• Prepare and verify all design submittals and any manufacturing engineering changes follow customer specification, applicable customer requests, product compliance, and verifiable National Electrical Safety Code and ANSI/IEEE codes/standards.
• Notify the Engineering Manager and the Project Managers of any difficulties encountered in the engineering and design that may adversely impact safety, reliability, quality, cost, or schedule of the Siemens project deliverables, and provide recommendations for solutions.
• Maintain existing procedures through periodic updates
• Coordinate and actively participate in the Factory Acceptance Test and Site Acceptance Test with customer and/or other Siemens units as needed and in line with economic control of project.
• Targets based on quality, on-time delivery, cost management
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
We look for the following to be successful in this role:
• Graduation from a four-year ABET Accredited college or university with a BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• 2+ years of experience with high-voltage power projects and/or the utility industry.
• EIT Certification
• Understanding of basic principles of project management
• Attention to safety, quality, and performance in a fast-paced environment with a customer-focused execution of tasks.
• Ability to work independently and be self-sufficient while managing multiple projects.
• Solid organization and interpersonal skills and leadership abilities
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent writing and presentational skills
• Resourceful, hands-on, problem solving individual with initiative and drive to work around technical obstacles.
• Proficiency in design software including AutoCAD Electrical, Inventor, and Micro-station
• Willing to travel 20% as need arises.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.