Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 245304
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Indianapolis
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Performs test and inspections of systems under maintenance agreements. Respond and carry out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems.
Our technicians work to ensure company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order and conforms with codes.
Additional tasks include returning equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner, as well as working to identify code issues and non-conformance issues. Our technicians make recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities. They also provide reports daily on activities completed, deferred, requiring further action or material, participates in on-call assignments/ schedules as required.
Assist in field pricing of repairs.
Document all service activities and enter time worked daily through mobile reporting tool.
Participate in on-call rotation to provide 24/7 coverage for emergency service to our customer; respond to emergency service call for the troubleshooting and repair for assigned customer’s fire alarm systems.
Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency.
- NICET (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technology) Certification Requirements to retain position: Level II Fire Alarm Certification preferred but shall be obtained within 24 months of hire.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States, and will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
• All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
• Extensive product training and career development
We aim to hire individuals with high potential and assist them with their career development. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave. Come advance your career with Siemens!