Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 245343
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Milford
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
You will be involved in all aspects of delivery including developing infrastructure as code through CloudFormation scripts, implementing automated builds and CI/CD, developing automation test scripts, writing API micro services using NodeJS and ExpressJS and leveraging AWS serverless architecture. You will work in the latest technologies to deliver a premiere web CMS platform including adoption of the JAM stack.
You will work in an open workspace collaborative environment as part of a larger web services team responsible for delivering customer facing applications. You will have the ability to immediately make an impact as part of a team delivering high visibility and high traffic web applications.
You will be expected to contribute ideas, concepts, best practices, code reviews, and code development to deliver on tight timelines in a fast paced enterprise application development environment. You should be able to embrace developing software for performance, scale, quality, security, and lowest cost.
As a Full Stack Developer, you will be responsible for configuring runtime environment including deployment and scripting. Responsibilities also include build and deployment via setting up CI/CD pipelines with tools like AWS CodeBuild and CodePipeline. You will be responsible for code development using Git workflow. Code projects include enterprise UX applications built on React, GraphQL, analytics services, serverless AWS Lambda and Kinesis, and use of AWS Elasticsearch. You should have a strong grasp on building secure web applications.
Detailed responsibilities include:
• Develop code managed infrastructure though deployment scripts such as Cloudformation, Chef, Puppet
• Write APM tests for continuous monitoring and alerting leveraging AWS Cloudwatch
• Implement new customer facing features and applications in ReactJS
• Work with creative designers to implement click-through prototypes
• Develop supporting APIs leveraging ExpressJS, NodeJS, AWS Lambda, Kinesis, AWS SAM, GraphQL
• Develop unit tests including use of Mocha, Jest, Chai
• Develop in Git workflow participating in code peer reviews
• Implement build and deployment scripts including setting up CI/CD pipelines
• Develop to 12-factor application guidelines including developing for performance optimization and scale
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor of Science in computer science or related field
• Front-end web application development using MVC design pattern
• API development
• Primary responsibility is code development, agile methodology, team environment
o Demonstrated problem solving and debugging skills
o Ability to interpret ambiguous business requirements
o Knowledge of SDLC, serverless architecture, design patterns, building 12-factor applications
o Experience with agile methodologies and Git workflow
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• API development using NodeJS / ExpressJS, GraphQL
• Contributor to open source projects
• AWS or cloud experience
• AWS serverless application model (SAM)
• AWS certification developer or architect
• Enterprise application development in a team environment